SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Concrete Contractors in Canada: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Concrete Contractors in Canada Market Research Report | NAICS 23811CA | May 2016

Solid foundation: Concrete's central role in construction will fuel growth as the sector rebounds

IBISWorld’s Concrete Contractors market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
There are no companies with a dominant market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$5bn
Annual Growth 11-16
5.4%
Annual Growth 16-21
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
28,503
Businesses
4,916
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Over the past five years, the Concrete Contractors industry has trended upward due to the diverse uses for concrete. However, volatility in downstream industries has taken a toll, leading to a slow level of revenue growth. In the five years to 2021, the Canadian construction markets are projected to progress steadily, slowly fuelling the industry... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Key Buyers Chapter

Like most specialty construction industries, the Concrete Contractors industry has a low level of market share concentration. The largest company in the industry, Holcim Canada Inc., accounts for an estimated 3.8% of industry revenue. Overall, the industry is composed of small-scale enterprises that serve a single local area and work on single-family homes and smaller commercial structures, such as stand-alone retail stores. Most operators have one office or location, and the average crew has six workers. Based on data collected from Statistics Canada, IBISWorld estimates 32.5% of total industry establishments are Non-Employers. Furthermore, of the remaining 67.5% of industry

establishments, 48.2% employ fewer than five workers... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Concrete Contractors Industry?

Establishments in this industry primarily pour, build and finish concrete foundations and structural elements such as retaining walls and private driveways and walks. Industry firms also perform grout and shotcrete work. The work performed may include new work, additions, alterations, maintenance and repairs.

Industry Products
Cast-in-place work and slabsConcrete for highway and heavy industry applicationsRepairsOther services
 
Industry Activities
Concrete placement on construction projectsFinishing on concrete slabs and footings Foundations construction Concrete pumping Sidewalk constructionCurb, culvert and guttering construction or repairConcreting grout and shotcrete workConcrete patio construction


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients