SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Gas Stations in Canada: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Gas Stations in Canada Market Research Report | NAICS 44719CA | Apr 2015

Half empty: The industry will experience subdued growth as competition increases

IBISWorld’s Gas Stations market research report provides the latest industry statistics and industry trends, allowing you to identify the products and customers driving revenue growth and profitability. The industry report identifies the leading companies and offers strategic industry analysis of the key factors influencing the market.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
There are no companies with a dominant market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$34bn
Annual Growth 10-15
-1.2%
Annual Growth 15-20
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
39,930
Businesses
3,562
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

While the Gas Stations industry has benefited from the recovery of the trucking sector and improving per capita discretionary income over the past five years, successive declines in the price of crude oil have resulted in higher revenue volatility for industry operators. In the next five years, the industry is forecast to experience subdued growth. Competition is anticipated to grow, while greater adoption of fuel-efficient vehicles will place downward pressure on demand for gasoline. Operators will benefit from an anticipated rebound in input costs as the world price of crude oil is forecast to grow over the next five years... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Products Chapter

The primary product sold at gas stations is vehicle fuel, which accounts for an estimated 90.0% of industry revenue in 2015. The sale of car parts, accessories and services rendered for auto repair, as well as sales from car washes and cleaning, make up the remaining 10.0% of revenue. Of these extra services, automotive repairs contribute the greatest revenue to the industry.

Regular gasoline

Regular gasoline is anticipated to constitute about 48.1% of revenue in 2015. This figure represents a slight decline from 2010, due to the growth of diesel fuel sales. Demand for regular fuel has remained relatively stable over the five-year period, amid rising disposable income and total vehicle kilometers driven by consumers... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Gas Stations Industry?

This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing gasoline, diesel fuel and automotive oils. More specifically, this industry excludes gasoline stations that operated in conjunction with a restaurant or other type of operation, such as convenience stores. Establishments that operate such establishments on behalf of their owners are also included.

Industry Products
Regular gasolineMidgrade and premium gasolineDiesel fuelAutomotive parts and services
 
Industry Activities
Selling automotive fuels (e.g. diesel fuel and gasoline)Selling automotive goodsProviding automotive repair services


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients