SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

New Car Dealers in Canada: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

New Car Dealers in Canada Market Research Report | NAICS 44111CA | Apr 2014

Revving up: Falling unemployment will create higher incomes and an increased demand for new cars

IBISWorld’s New Car Dealers market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$10bn
Annual Growth 09-14
2.3%
Annual Growth 14-19
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
135,753
Businesses
4,172
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Over the five years to 2014, improving economic conditions has contributed to revenue growth for New Car Dealers in Canada industry. Bolstered by rising consumer confidence and disposable income after the recession, consumers who held off on new car purchases are expected to contribute to industry revenue over the period. Over the five years to 2019, the industry expected to benefit from a slew of new vehicle models, with fuel-efficient vehicles particularly becoming a driver of demand as fuel prices rise and consumers look to purchase vehicles with a higher miles per gallon rate... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Key Buyers Chapter

The New Car Dealers industry has a low level of market share concentration. The industry is highly fragmented, with one dealer (i.e. AutoCanada) generating more than 5.0% of industry revenue. In 2014, the top four industry players will generate less than 20.0% of revenue. According to Industry Canada, 12.2% of industry dealers are nonemployers; the remaining 87.8% have one or more employees.

Consolidation has increased over the past five years, as larger automotive groups buy out smaller independent dealers. Additionally, a greater number of new car dealers are retiring. According to a March 2012 PwC Automotive Dealer Trendsetter Survey, 30.0% of Canada's stand-alone, or single-point, dealers will likely be bought out over the next year or be semi-retired... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the New Car Dealers Industry?

This industry sells new and used passenger vehicles. Vehicles include passenger cars, light-duty trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and passenger vans. New car dealers also sell parts and provide repair services.

Industry Products
New vehiclesUsed vehiclesParts and repair services
 
Industry Activities
Selling new carsSelling new light trucksSelling used carsSelling used light trucksProviding vehicle maintenance and repairs


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients