SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing in Canada: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing in Canada Market Research Report | NAICS 31621CA | Feb 2016

Clown shoes: Manufacturers will cater to niche markets and high-income individuals

The Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing market research report provides key industry analysis and industry statistics, measures market size, analyzes current and future industry trends and shows market share for the industry’s largest companies. IBISWorld publishes the largest collection of industry reports so you can see an industry’s supply chain, economic drivers and key buyers and markets.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$259m
Annual Growth 11-16
-2.5%
Annual Growth 16-21
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
1,946
Businesses
128
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Similar to most consumer-goods manufacturing industries in Canada, the Footwear Manufacturing industry has had to contend with tough operating conditions over the five years to 2016. Rising input costs, slow growth in per capita disposable income, inflationary pressures, an appreciating dollar in the earlier half of the five-year period and intense competition from less costly imports have played a decisive role in this industry's decline. In the coming years, revenue declines are expected to be far less severe as a result of less room available for foreign competition... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Locations Chapter

Industry establishments are largely concentrated in two main hubs in Canada: Ontario and Quebec. Ontario accounts for 45.1% of industry establishments while Quebec accounts for 36.1% of industry establishments. Together, these two regions account for 81.2% of industry establishments and 61.7% of the Canadian population. Another major production hub is British Columbia, which accounts for 13.0% of the population and 7.4% of industry revenue. Quebec and Ontario have the advantage of containing major urban centres and trade routes to the United States and Europe. This proximity reduces transport costs to these locations and makes the import of raw materials and export of finished products easier and more efficient... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing Industry?

This industry manufactures footwear for men, women and children. Orthopedic footwear and specialist athletic footwear, such as skates or roller blades, are not included in this industry.

Industry Products
Boots, dress and casual shoes, and sandalsWork and utility-type boots and shoesSlippersSports shoesOther shoes and footwear
 
Industry Activities
Manufacturing rubber and plastic footwearManufacturing house slippersManufacturing athletic shoesManufacturing cleated athletic shoesManufacturing dress shoes


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients